Tax Considerations For The Self Employed
The self-employed, the freelancers, the independent contractors, the small business owners: whatever your title, here is a guide to help you handle many of the tax considerations you’ll be up against in running a successful business.
And there is a lot to consider for those self employed. We hope our little tax guide will help you navigate the often times troublesome, sometimes murky tax requirements, the ins and outs, the et ceteras of tax laws.
The Self Employed Tax Guide attempts to provide small business owners and the self-employed with a one-stop resource to staying in compliance with the filing requirements and minimizing the financial burden imposed by several layers of government. We touch on a lot of subjects related to tax planning, such as charitable contributions, depreciation, deductions in business travel & entertainment expenses . . . Well, you’ll see.
And good luck with your enterprise, and good luck with your taxes. If you need any additional help, give us a call.
Table of Contents
Small Business Tax Returns Required & Due Dates
- Federal, State & Local
- Payroll Requirements
- Employee or Independent Contractor
- Estimated Tax Payments for Self Employed Persons
- Entity Choice (Saving Tax with S Corporations)
- Reasonable Compensation for S Corporation Owners/Officers
What is Income?
- Accrual versus Cash Method of Accounting
- Gifts and Donations
- Rental Tax Guide
- Capital Gains and Losses
- Miscellaneous Income
Tax Deductions for the Self-Employed
- General Business Deductions
- Retirement Plan Deductions
- Home Office Deductions
- Renting a Building to Your Business
- Deducting Vehicle Mileage
- Travel Expenses
- Meals and Entertainment
- Business Gifts
- Depreciation & Amortization
- Hiring Your Children
- Charitable Donations
- Hobby Loss Rules
- Can I deduct the time I donated
- Do I get a tax break for the client that didn’t pay
- Domestic Production Activities Deduction
Estimated Tax Payments & Tax Audits and Collections
Year End Strategies
Find a Meeting Location Near You.